Friday, May 10, 2013

Cat Ba

With an overnight train, morning bus and afternoon boat I made my way from Sa Pa to Cat Ba island in Ha Long Bay. Very scenic, beautiful place. How were those rocks formed this way...
Today I took a ride on a scooter around the island and hiked 20km through the jungle. What was awaited to be a leisurely walk turned out a serious trek! Up and down, up and down through bushes, grasses and rocky mountains. 10km there and 10km back when it turned out there is no other, easier way... Fiuuu. I deserve my soup and my drink now. Cheers :)
Cat Ba Town is rather ugly place for a change. Reminds me of Costa Del Sol in Spain. Big hotels in front or the beach and ugly, grey beach. Thank god there is no beach here, just port. Beaches are a bit further away. One can miss Sopot sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment